A career marketer with expertise in helping companies realize their strategic objectives through integrated marketing and sales initiatives. MBA/BSBA with more than 15 years of experience in both B2B and consumer facing industries. Strong leadership skills to mentor and motivate staff and lead cross-functional teams.
- Marketing Management
- Ideation / Product Development
- Business Development
- Client Management
- Employee Coaching
- Top / Bottom-Line Growth
- New Product Introductions
- Vendor Management
Clean Energy Collective, Boulder, CO February, 2013 – Present
National marketing management for Clean Energy Collective, the leading provider of community-owned solar solutions, available to residents, businesses and government entities.
AVP | Marketing
- Working as part of the executive team to develop and refine the market-by-market formula/plan driving lead generation and increased sales expanding operations nation wide.
- Developed the systems and procedures to manage multiple markets across the country.
- Managed all outside agencies including brand narrative, public relations, direct and digital marketing teams.
- Directed creative development and tactical implementation of all business-to-consumer, business-to-business and advocate-to-consumer marketing programs.
Four Winds Interactive, Denver, CO January, 2009 – March, 2013
Special projects leadership and daily accounts management. Work directly with the CEO and president on product development, pitch books and national accounts leading to new market opportunities and category growth for this international digital sign technology leader and its media products distribution parent.
Sr. Project Manager (1yr. 9 mos.)
- Daily advancement of 50-60 national and international client accounts/installations leveraging SalesForce.com, SpringAhead and SmartSheet as project and account management tools. Leadership of cross functional teams including IT, creative and installation engineers, management of budgets, timelines and client relations.
National Accounts Manager (1 yr. 9 mos.)
- Lead the charge on agency managed, consumer focused, DS networks designed to attract and market to consumers. Known as digital ad networks, or DOOH (digital-out-of-home), they represent the 3rd fastest growing media channel behind mobile media and on-line video.
Product Manager (4 mos.)
- Defined the product markets, features and benefits, and channels for a cloud based multi-media storage service eventually leveraged as a content storage utility for the digital signage market.
Todd Davidson, Inc., Golden, CO June, 2008 – March, 2013
Marketing Director for Hire. Clients include: Valuescape, A.E.Petsche Co. & PropertyTaxSlash.com.
- Customer initiatives included: Leading the international communications effort for global distributor A.E.Petsche Co., now an Arrow company. Launching PropertyTaxSlash.com, the pioneer in web based, analytic and data driven property tax abatement. Driving communication and sales activities for Valuescape, a national real estate appraisal conglomerate.
- Contract marketing and creative management services providing market identification, strategic and tactical planning, rate negotiations and hands on execution of Web, PR, print, social media, media buying, lead generation and field marketing initiatives.
The Fowler Group, Inc., Arlington, TX June, 2004 – June, 2008
Operations director of a full-service design & marketing agency providing both strategic planning and tactical execution of cross media campaigns including graphic design, print, advertising, and on-line marketing services.
Marketing & Sales, VP
- Executive team member responsible for daily and strategic decision making regarding agency procedural, managerial, client and personnel changes. Managed the set-up of a new print division with an ultimate revenue increase of nearly 100%.
- Lead account teams in the development of client strategies and campaigns through to execution of one-off projects to powerful one-to-one integrated marketing solutions.
- Developed and managed all client initiatives. Responsible for a 3x client base growth and sales increase of 250%. Worked with clients to develop marketing strategies, tactical plans, relationship expectations, and to identify future client growth opportunities.
EventSmiths, LLC, Littleton, CO October, 1999 – June, 2004
Worked with CEOs, CMOs, and marketing leadership to provide promotional, event and integrated marketing solutions designed to provide meaningful revenue and strategic goal attainment. Clients include: Quiznos Subs, Saab, Natural Balance, Vail Valley Foundation (with Proxy) and more ranging from health food to high-tech.
Founder and Client Champion
- Agency Management – Sourced and managed creative and production agency relationships including PR, Web development, advertising and staffing agencies. Oversaw budgetary commitments and provided creative direction to ensure client brand integrity.
- Client Management – Researched and identified geographic and industry targets; developed and executed all strategic and tactical sales initiatives. Managed client expectations and project details, cultivated profitable working relationships.
- Project Management – Developed the systems necessary to successfully manage and prioritize, multiple client projects keeping strict adherence to deadlines, budgets and margins; regularly reduced client project expense by 15% to 20% while opening the door to additional agency business.
- Promotional Programs Development (for clients) – Developed national demo programs, collateral packages, sponsorship programs, national trade show programs, regional sweepstakes, sales events, experience based branding events, social events and fundraising activities.
- Management. Managed internal and external support teams of 30+ people; hiring, training and coaching.
Zapotec Software, Inc., Lakewood, CO November, 1997 – October, 1999
Delivered marketing leadership to high-tech start-up Zapotec Software, a provider of co-op and trade allowance management software to national and international retailers, distributors and manufacturers including Gart Sports, Ultimate Electronics and hardware distributor Distribution America. Acquired by JDA Software.
Director of Marketing, VP
- Developed all marketing and sales support programs in close coordination with Sales Director including product launch and long-term promotional strategies; produced a $0 to $3 million growth curve within first year of operation.
- Sourced and managed all creative development and PR initiatives providing strategic guidelines and creative direction; developed creative briefs, Web content, sales collateral; conducted regular project status reports directly to company President and board.
Natural Balance, Inc., Castle Rock, CO October, 1994 – October, 1997
Division leader at Natural Balance, a natural products market maker offering over 65 nutritional products to retailers and distributors worldwide including Whole Foods, Wal-Mart, Safeway and specialty stores. Acquired by Nutraceutical.
Director of Marketing (Sports Nutrition) (1 yr. 2 mos.)
- Managed product differentiation and brand identification through distinctive branding strategies including consumer sampling programs, packaging design, event marketing, and retailer focused advertising and merchandising strategies increasing sales by 250% in target markets.
- Conceptualized, developed and launched a new consumer packaged goods product category; managed cross functional team of food specialists, package designers, distribution specialist and external manufacturers; launch sales exceeded 150% of forecast.
Marketing Manager (1 yr. 10 mos.)
- Promotions / Sponsorship – Managed field marketing activities at over 35 promotional events and tradeshows annually; managed tactical execution of all event participation and sponsorships (athlete and event) ensuring brand integrity and sales integration.
- Constructed consumer and market profiles through consumer focus groups, product testing, retailer surveys and competitor profiling, providing sound data for meaningful strategic planning.
- Weekly department up-dates to executive board.